About King’s Lynn Preservation Trust

Who we are | What we do

We are surrounded by buildings of all ages. We notice some because of their obvious historical importance, others catch our attention because of the distinctiveness of their design or the materials used. King’s Lynn Preservation Trust has been saving, safeguarding and breathing new life into old buildings for 60 years. More about the town and The Trust…

The Trust owes its origins to MRS NORA LANE who rescued Hampton Court from demolition in 1954. She set about restoring it before realising that the project was too big for one person. In conjunction with the Civic Society it was agreed that a building preservation trust was needed to undertake the project. Following a public appeal to raise funds, the King’s Lynn Preservation Trust was officially launched at a well-attended event at the Town Hall on 24 October 1958. Find out more about Five Remarkable Women behind King’s Lynn Preservation Trust

Since its foundation and first project, the Trust has actively engaged in acquiring and restoring buildings of historical or architectural merit to help ensure the town’s built heritage is not lost. Hampton Court – Thoresby College – Priory Lane Cottages – The Greenland Fishery Find out more about KLPT’s Projects…

Thoresby College was the second restoration project undertaken by the Trust. These days the accommodation comprises flats on the first and second floors and a range of offices on the ground floor.  The Preservation Trust has its office here.  The Great Hall and Lower Hall are available for private hire and the courtyard is open to visitors every day. More about Thoresby College…